Your bedroom should be your sanctuary, a place to rest your head and to escape from day to day woes. It should be comfortable, luxurious and a very personal space. So what essentials can help you on your cosy bedroom journey?
1. A GREAT MATTRESS - Your bedroom isn’t complete until you find the perfect mattress. If you’re not getting enough quality sleep, you can’t fully be you. When you’re shopping you should look for a mattress that keeps you cool and gives you great support, its essential that you try them out, as perfect is rarely the same for everyone.
2. A PLACE TO SIT (THAT’S NOT THE BED) – You cannot underestimate the need for somewhere to perch other than the bed (and it’s not always possible in small city homes). A good spot to sit down when you’re reading something, for putting on shoes, a place to drape your clothes or to have a conversation with your partner that’s best not had in bed!
3. WELL-STOCKED NIGHTSTAND – No self-respecting magazine feature about interiors is complete without a shot of a beautiful styled nightstand. But having a light, some water, a place to keep your book (and your glasses) is essential for a good night sleep, reaching to the floor just isn’t good enough at 3.15am. As you put your own “kit” together, don’t feel like it has to match to be perfect just make sure it works for you.
4. A COMFORTABLE RUG - Nothing ruins a happy morning like stepping out of the bed onto a cold, hard floor. Enough said.
5. NO TECH IN SIGHT – Not always easy to achieve but it will definitely help you sleep better if you can keep your phone, tablet and TV out of the bedroom. It will help you relax and stop the constant mental lists and your mind from churning. A big upside is more room on bedside table for lovely things that make you smile.